Eleven Signs Of A Healthy Relationship
In honor of Valentine’s Day, let’s celebrate healthy love!!!
- You feel good about yourself.
- You can act silly and goofy and make mistakes without feeling shameful. You know that your boyfriend or girlfriend will love you and your imperfections.
- You don’t bite your tongue–you feel comfortable saying what you want and feel, and there is open communication between you and your boyfriend.
- You still have independence, you can do things on your own or with friends and don’t have to worry about it.
- You don’t feel like you are pretending, or that you should be someone other than who you are.
- You have a healthy sexual relationship, both of you make decisions and feel good about your decisions. You can talk openly about what you want and what you don’t want and you feel like your voice is respected and listened to.
- You have room to grow, you don’t feel stifled or stuck or suffocated.
- You laugh with the person and have fun together. You never feel afraid of your partner.
- You trust each other, and you are honest with each other.
- You feel heard, understood, and accepted.
- You feel happy.